5 Examples When We Have Been Fooled Again!
Won’t be fooled again! These famous, well – known, lyrics, written by Pete Townsend, and performed, by, The Who, should guide us, in terms of, how we listen, and pay attention to those, we elect to serve and represent us, and/ or, run – for – office! Unfortunately, it often seems, the American public, instead of learning, continues making the same mistakes, and trusting public officials, and politicians, who probably, do not deserve our trust! Although, lies, and/ or, misstatements, made by these individuals, is nothing, new, in the past few years, we have witnessed, an upsetting amount of behaviors, which we should not, continue to allow/ permit! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 examples, of individuals, who should be serving and representing, our best interests, appear to put their personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest, first, ahead of the greater good.
1. Trump’s different Facts: It’s important to recognize, although, everyone is entitled to his own opinion, there are only, one set of facts! When, one of former President Trump’s advisors, and spokespersons, used the expression, different Facts, to describe some of his misleading, and/ or, false statements, etc, and so many citizens, seemed to accept this behavior, and rhetoric, it is easy to see, why, we are, so easily fooled, over, and over, again!
2. Trump resorting to name – calling, complaining, blaming, and calling, anything, which disagreed, Fake Facts: Simply, because, we don’t agree with something, doesn’t make it a fake fact! For four years, we witnessed, that President, regularly resort to name – calling, complaining, blaming, and using the expression, Fake Facts, while never accepting any personal responsibility, admitting any error/ mistake, etc, and proposing much – needed, viable solutions!
3. Mitch McConnell’s hyperbole: One of the most powerful politicians, in Washington, D.C., is Senator Mitch McConnell. As Senate Majority Leader, he bragged about, how, the Senate, was where, legislation, came – to – die, and, how, we would make it, nearly impossible, for any Democratic legislation, to already, come, to the floor. He was influential, in attracting corporate donors, to sustain his party. When, the opposing party, recently, attained control of the Senate (by the narrowest, of margins), he changed his rhetoric, and spoke – out, against corporations, getting involved in political issues, as we recently observed, after Georgia enacted legislation, most consider, a form of voter suppression, etc. At the very least, his behavior is hypocritical!
4. Changing deficit – talk: As if, the Republican Party’s actions, opposing increasing the Federal Minimum Wage (for the first time, in 13 years), claiming it would be unhealthy, to the economic and job markets, wasn’t concerning, enough, the changing talk, and attitude, regarding the federal deficit, from when they passed the 2017 tax reform legislation (which raised the deficit, considerably), which was promoted, claiming it would help the middle – class, but, which, we now, know, chiefly, benefited, the wealthiest Americans, and largest corporations, to, now, opposing, much – needed, stimulus funds, is, perhaps, the epitome of dangerous, concerning behavior/ rhetoric!
5. Gun Safety: Although, surveys/ surveys, indicate, the great majority of Americans, including gun owners, sustain shared sense, gun safety controls, such as, background checks, safety, use, and licensing/ registration, many (especially, in Congress), continue opposing these, already after all the lives, lost! Another example, is, assault weapons, which, most, see no need, for! It often seems, the gun industry, has an exceptional amount of influence, over certain public officials! How many more must die, before, we see, some meaningful actions? Isn’t it strange, we register cars, and drivers, but not, guns, etc?
Wake up, America, and stop, being fooled, by empty promises, rhetoric, and fake facts! Don’t we need to do better?