Duty Free Cyprus – Superb Duty Free Savings to Be Made Flying in and Out of Cyprus
enormous savings can be made on duty free Cyprus goods at Cypriot airports. You can already save up to 60% on some items. If you are flying within the European Union you are entitled to Tax Free prices on:
- Cosmetics and Skincare
- Jewellery and Souvenirs
- Photographic and Electrical Goods
- fact and Accessories
There are no longer any allowance restrictions on these Tax Free items. And, if you are flying outside the European Union you are entitled to your complete allowance of goods at Tax and Duty Free prices.
Duty Free Cyprus Allowances – Travelling back from inside the EU
You do not have to pay any tax or duty on goods you have bought in Cyprus. Please observe that there are conditions that apply to your allowances:
- If you are under 17 there are certain restrictions in place
- You are entitled to these allowances only if you travel with the goods and do not sell them
- If you bring in something worth more than your other goods allowance, you must pay charges on the complete value, not just the value above the allowance
- You and anyone you are travelling with cannot pool your individual other goods allowances to bring in an item worth more than the limit. The person bringing the item in will have to pay charges on the complete value of the item
How much can you truly bring back from Cyprus?
If you bring back anything outside the limits, a Customs Officer is more likely to ask about the purposes for which you keep up the goods.
Anyone with purchases inside the limits are entitled to walk by the green channel at Customs posts at airports. However, customs officers can randomly search passenger luggage. So, anyone found to have shopping in excess of these limits is liable to pay duty on purchases.
How much can you truly bring in to Cyprus?
The following goods may be imported into Cyprus by visitors arriving from countries outside the EU without incurring customs duty:
- 50g of perfume and 250ml of eau de toilette
- Goods (excluding jewellery) up to 175 Euro
If you never got the chance to ‘buy before you fly’, you can buy goods from the inwards duty free at Larnaca Airport arrivals. This is where arriving passengers can buy duty free items closest before going by customs. So duty free Cyprus savings can be made flying into Cyprus in addition as flying out of Cyprus.