Garage destroyed at Sheldon home in tumble dryer fire

A garage was destroyed at a Sheldon home after a tumble dryer caught fire.

Fire crews rushed to Silvermere Road after receiving a 999 call at 7.52pm on Thursday, September 30.

Thirteen firefighters tackled the blaze at a house which destroyed a garage.

READ MORE: Watch horrifying moment robbers raid Dudley store with huge sword and axe

A West Midlands Fire Service spokesman said the fire was accidental and caused by a tumble dryer in the garage.

The spokesman said: “We were called to Silvermere Road at 7.52pm last night.

“We sent two fire engines from Sheldon and Hay Mills and a brigade response means from Solihull. The garage was destroyed in the fire.

“All people in the character and animals were accounted for. We had put out the fire and were damping down by 8.23pm.

“The fire was an accident and was caused by a tumble dryer in the garage.”

Fire crews and police at the scene of a garage fire in Silvermere Road, Sheldon

Sheldon Police posted pictures of the blaze on Twitter.

They tweeted: “PCSO Davies and Humphries attended a fire this evening with C Team @ResponseWMP and @WMFSSheldon

“Emergency sets working together to ensure everyone was safe and the fire was put out.”

We are giving a free iPhone13 Pro to one lucky person who signs up for our newsletter – you can go into here.



Click: See details

Leave a Reply