Meghan Markle admits aide gave authors help with Finding Freedom – and…

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex had before maintained in statement that they “did not contribute” to the bestseller, Finding Freedom

A past statement from the associate said they had not contributed to the book

Meghan Markle has sensationally admitted a former aide gave authors help with a book about her and Prince Harry – and she signed it off.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex had before maintained in statement that they “did not contribute” to the bestseller, Finding Freedom.

The biography, which was released in August 2020 and details Harry and Meghan’s married life and their divided from the Royal Family, was presumably unauthorised.

But the Court of allurement heard on Wednesday that a former aide to the associate did have some communication with the book’s authors.

Do you have a story? Email [email protected]



Omid Scobie, one of the authors of the bestseller
(

Image:

Ken McKay/ITV/REX/Shutterstock)




A statement written by Jason Knauf, who worked as a communications secretary to Meghan and Harry until March 2019, informed the hearing that there had been contact with authors Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand.

In response, Meghan conceded in her observe statement: “In light of the information and documents that Mr Knauf has provided I accept that Mr Knauf did provide some information to the authors of the book and that he did so with my knowledge, for a meeting that he planned for with the authors in his capacity as Communications Secretary.

“The extent of the information he shared is unknown to me.”



The book was published in August 2020
(

Image:

REUTERS)




A past statement from the associate regarding the book, which was not heard in court on Wednesday, said: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were not interviewed and did not contribute to Finding Freedom.

“This book is based on the authors’ own experiences as members of the royal press corps and their own independent reporting.”

The bombshell claims emerged as part of an allurement by the publisher of the Mail On Sunday, who continue that the publication of a letter written by Meghan to her father, Thomas Markle, was lawful.

Meghan won a case earlier this year after Lord Justice Warby ruled that Associated Newspapers Limited’s publication of her letter to her father was “manifestly excessive and hence unlawful” in a summary judgment – avoiding the need for a trial.

The publisher’s allurement is being heard by Sir Geoffrey Vos, Dame Victoria Sharp and Lord Justice Bean over three days, and the judges are expected to give their ruling at a later date.



Click: See details

Leave a Reply