Minnesota Claims Adjuster Licensing – 3 Steps to Become a Licensed MN …

Minnesota Claims Adjuster Licensing – 3 Steps to Become a Licensed MN …

Minnesota residents interested in becoming an insurance claims adjuster will first need to acquire the Minnesota adjuster license. Non-residents interested in working claims in Minnesota may also be required to acquire this license before obtaining an assignment. This is a state that typically yields a high number of residential, commercial, and auto lines claims due to wind, hail, and ice. Cat adjusters are well served by holding this license. Follow these 3 steps to acquire and continue your claims adjuster license in Minnesota:

Step 1) Observe the Licensing Requirements

Residents of Minnesota must be 18 years of age. No experience, sponsorship, or bonding is required. Residents must take and pass the Minnesota adjuster exam. The most comprehensive Minnesota adjuster license, the Fire, Allied Lines, and Casualty Adjuster, can only be obtained by taking the Fire, Allied Lines and Casualty exam administered by Promissor. State exams can be difficult but exam study packages are obtainable that greatly increase the passing ratio among testers.

Reciprocity: Non-residents who keep up a license in their home state can acquire the Minnesota license reciprocally. Non-residents who do not keep up or cannot acquire a license in their state of residence must pass the Minnesota adjuster exam given by Promissor. Once again, exam study packages greatly assist in ensuring you pass the test the first time.

Step 2) acquire the Adjuster License

To become a licensed Minnesota claims adjuster, you will need to complete and submit the Minnesota online adjuster application by Sircon and pay the $50 licensing fee. Certification that the Promissor exam has been passed must be submitted electronically by the License Exam Administrator. In place of passing results from the Minnesota Adjuster examination, applicant must submit via fax, documentation of passing results for an equivalent adjuster examination taken in another state, in order for their application to be processed.

Step 3) continue the License

Licensed Minnesota claims adjusters must revive their license every two years. The initial Continuing Education requirement is 15 hours for the first two years. Thereafter, 30 hours are required to continue compliance for each two year reporting period.

Summary: Residents of Minnesota who plan to adjust in Minnesota must first acquire the Minnesota adjuster license. The Fire, Allied Lines, and Casualty Adjuster license is this state’s most comprehensive license and requires an examination by Promissor. Exam study packages can provide very helpful prep assistance and drastically increase test success percentages. This busy claims state’s license can also offer an attractive license for non-resident independent adjusters. For additional licensing information, refer to the complete online guide to become a licensed Minnesota claims adjuster.

leave your comment