Plumber – 16 Tips On Hiring One!
1. ON-TIME, EVERY SINGLE TIME CONVENIENCE: Ensure that you will be able to choose the time that is most functional for you. Learn from the start if the plumber you may hire is noted for being prompt. It is very unprofessional to be late. There’s nothing worse than waiting all day for the plumber to arrive, especially if you took time off from work.
2. PRICE: There are various factors that will come into play where price is concerned. When your plumber determines what the problem is, be sure to ask him or her if the charges are hourly or if there is a standard fee for each job. Also remember to ask the price of parts in addition as labor. Also make it a point to ask if the plumber charges for any overtime and what his rate is if he does charge that. It may be to your advantage to look for a plumber who has Upfront Pricing that is, a plumber who charges by the job, instead of by the hour. It is truly better to charge this way in order to make it easier for the customer to stay within their budget.
3. Can The Part Be Repaired or Replaced?: If you have a leak or any other minor problem, ask if the situation can be resolved by a repair or if a part can be replaced instead.
4. SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Choose a plumber who stands by the fact that the work done will in deed be guaranteed. Inquire about their Customer Service and ask about the kind of Guaranty that they offer.
5. SAME DAY SERVICE: This is a great selling point. Usually when you need a plumber it very well can be some kind of emergency. No matter what, we don’t want to have to wait days. Try and find a plumber who is obtainable when you need one. Usually that method one who is obtainable 24 hours, 7 days per week.
6. EXPLANATION: Make sure your plumber explains your plumbing problem to you in everyday terms that you will understand.
7. When HIRING A PLUMBER: Make sure he or she abides by the manufacturer’s specifications.
8. DETAILED BILL: Ask if you can acquire one upon completion.
9. 2 YEAR WARRANTY ON ALL REPAIRS: Be choosy when it comes to warranties. Go with a plumber who has at the minimum a 2 year warranty on all their repairs.
10. EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONALS: Go with a Plumber who has years of experience, a licensed and someone who is clean-cut and cleans up when done. It is extremely important that you ask a plumber if he or she is licensed. Once a plumber is licensed they will have mathematical, plumbing in addition as drafting skills with the ability to read blueprints and knowledge of local plumbing codes. All of the above will help you receive quality service.
11. INSURANCE: Ask your possible plumber if he is insured. Ask for a copy of his or her insurance policy.
12. CALL TO VERIFY: Confirm that the plumber’s license is current.
13. PERMITS: Just in case you may need a permit to have the plumber do certain work, ensure that you ask the plumber to acquire the necessary permits.
14. CLEAN UP: Hire the kind of plumber who states in his or her contract that they will assume responsibility for any and all clean up. to compare prices, but it is important to observe that the lowest price isn’t always the best route to take. An experienced, qualified plumber may charge a higher hourly rate, but they will always know the most cost effective way to resolve your problem on the first try! And that could save you a lot of money.
15. AFFORDABLE PAYMENTS: Go with a plumber that offers financing just in case. at the minimum you will know if you should happen to have a problem with paying the complete amount that financing would be obtainable.
16. ASK FOR REFERRALS: Get as many as you can from family, friends and co-workers.
Do you happen to know a good Plumber? Do your homework, especially online to find a reputable plumber in the area in which you live. Start googling and educate yourself on the subject of the importance of hiring a good plumber. Once you find a possible, make sure you ask if they guarantee their work.