Consider these situations: Family A has a ten-year-old house, and three steam cleanings and a number of other efforts have not been able to remove some of the stains eight years down the line after buying a carpet. however, Family B has recently bought a house with wood flooring, only to decide afterward that they need to transform their house into a high-traffic mini resort. These two examples will definitely demonstrate that both carpet and wood flooring have their disadvantages. Neither of them is perfect, and the kind of flooring the user chooses should be determined by the intended long-term function of the floor covering. To make a logical decision on the flooring to choose, try to look at the pluses and minuses of each kind of flooring.
Advantages of Wood
– Wood flooring comes in a wide variety of materials, but may not come in as many colors as carpet. The natural colors of different types of wood, however, give it the advantage of blending in and complementing almost anything in the room.
– Thanks to some of the latest advancements and improvements that make wood resistant to stains, scratches and termite destruction, the choice of wood flooring makes it very easy to keep you house tidy and neat.
– It’s really very scarce to find anyone who is allergic to wood. This makes wood a safe and healthy option, especially for people who might react to some of the chemical reagents often used in cleaning detergents for carpets. Wood also doesn’t store grit or any substantial particles and would consequently be appropriate for people with asthma or other breathing complications.
Disadvantages of wood
– Although wood flooring doesn’t require dangerous detergents to clean it, the floor cleaners used might include substances continue the wood’s fresh and clean look. Such substances are also responsible for keeping termites away and might also affect the health of some people when inhaled.
– Compared to carpets, wood is a very expensive flooring. Especially if you have a small budget, choosing wood flooring can require careful consideration.
Advantages of Carpets
– Carpets come in a wide variety of colors and designs. Choose a carpet for your floor covering allows you abundant freedom of choice in finding a “look” that reflects your personal style. The texture of a carpet is also soft and warm as compared to wood flooring, and carpets can act as insulation on cold floors
– The prices of carpets often vary depending on the material. This variety gives you the flexibility to work within your method to get the perfect carpet for your home. Compared to wooden flooring, carpets are very easy to acquire..
Disadvantages of carpets
– Carpets require regular cleaning and compared to wood are more are unprotected to tough stains. They are also known to attract dust, which often makes then get dirty easily
– Carpets are not the best different for people with various allergies, especially if you know that you won’t be able to clean your carpets regularly. This is because carpet fiber often stores soil particles, dander or grit, which may rise and activate allergic responses such as coughing and sneezing.
Each of these floor covering options may provide the ideal for your home, and the above tips should equip you to choose the right kind of flooring.