Techniques To Use In confined Drain Cleaning
A confined drain is a problem most households have had and it is quite a stressful situation. A confined drain simply method that waste water would be filling up your sink or tub. You will also begin to get an unpleasant smell from the drain. It is important to manager the problem fast before the pipe bursts.
According to the Plumbing and Drainage 2011 Act, plumbing problems should only be solved by the experts. However, sometimes it is better to try to deal with the problem first by yourself before calling in a plumber. This can save you some cash too.
Here are methods you can use in confined drain cleaning:
1. Use the Hook of a Wire Coat Hanger
– Bend a wire coat hanger so that you have it straight but with a hook at one end.
– Push the wire down the drain cover and fish inside the pipe. This will help you get most of the waste materials that are blocking the drain.
– After doing this and you feel there is no more waste in the pipe, pour hot water down the drain to flush it down.
2. Caustic Soda
– Fill a container with two litres of water and add three cups of caustic soda. Mix the two very well
– The combination will begin to fizz and heat up. Pour it down the confined drain. Leave the combination to react with the waste for about 30 minutes.
– Use hot water to flush down the combination
3. Hot Water
This is the easiest method to work with. All you have to do is to boil water to the boiling point and then pour the water down the drain. You can repeat this course of action several times. Wait for some minutes before you pour the next hot water.
4. Baking Soda and Vinegar
– Mix a cup of vinegar and a handful of baking soda together in a container.
– Pour the combination down the drain followed by enough hot water and check to see whether the drain is unclogged.
5. Use a Plunger
A plunger is a plumbing tool made of rubber and a wooden manager. It clears up clogs quickly and easily although you may have to repeat the time of action a number of times before the problem is solved. These are the steps:
– Fill the sink with water until the cup of the plunger if immersed in water
– Put your plunger on the drain and ensure that no air is retained inside the plunger cup
– Press the cup against the sink to form a seal
– Thrust the plunger up and down quickly and repeatedly
– Flush your drain with hot water to clear out all the waste
If you try all these techniques and none has worked for you, then involving a qualified plumber is the best solution for cleaning your confined drain. Always remember to put on protective clothing as you work on the pipe. These include goggles and rubber gloves. You also need the right tools, a little patience and skills for you to hack it.